Our superior services set us apart, and they’ll set your lawn apart, too. Your lawn means more to us. In fact, we promise to take better care of your lawn than anyone else, and we guarantee it. Regardless of your lawn type, we have a program that’s ideal for your individual needs.
Whether you’re interested in in a Lawn Care program, or one of our many additional services, the results you get are a greener, more weed-free lawn faster with plenty of time to enjoy it.
This careful attention to your lawn means that you’ll enjoy a greener, more weed-free lawn faster than ever. All services will be delivered by a professionally-trained specialist who lives and works in your area and knows all about the lawn care that’s best for you.
Let us do it for you. We provide quality lawn and garden services for your Home or Business.
- Weekly / Bi-Weekly Lawn and Garden Maintenance
- Aeration & Seeding
- Hedge & Tree Pruning
- Seasonal Cleanups
Let our team renovate or rejuvenate that tired garden. Whether it be a small renovation or a brand new installation we have the expertise to do it right, the first time. We buy from local suppliers in an effort to support our local community and preferred growers.
- New Garden Installations & Renovations
- Soil, Mulch and Gravel Installations
- Seasonal Cleanups and Pruning
- Seasonal Plantings and Custom Planters
Benefits of Pruning and Trimming
1. Pruning improves the overall appearance of shrubs and trees.
2. Proper pruning practices can improve the structure of the plant. It also allows more light to the center of the plant which increases its overall aesthetic beauty.
3. Pruning increases vigour in plants. A single shoot that is cut back can result in the growth of two or more new shoot which results in a denser plant. Also, in the case of shrubs that are valued for their winter effect/bark colour, removing older branches makes way for younger, more vibrant growth.
4. Pruning can be an excellent defense against certain arboreal diseases. With proper technique, sanitation and disposal, some fungal diseases can be removed through pruning. Better yet, these diseases can be prevented by eliminating crossing branches which rub together and create wounds which provide an entry point for spores to enter the plant.
5. Pruning removes dead wood.
6. Pruning can also accommodate human interactions. Professionally pruning branches up or back allow vehicles and/or mowers to pass under without scratches and knicks. This is certainly a better option than letting the vehicles do the pruning themselves!
7. In some cases properly timed pruning may allow for a shrub or tree to bloom for the first time in years.
AERATING is critical for a healthy lawn as it de-compacts the soil. Foot traffic alone, not to mention the lawn mowers, compacts soil to dangerous levels. When the soil is compacted the pore spaces in the soil necessary for oxygen and water transfer are eliminated (imagine stomping on a bag of popcorn; that’s what your soil is like when compacted). When there is no pore space for water or oxygen then there is no place for the soil microorganisms to carry the nutrients to the roots of the plants. We use a core aerator which removes a plug of soil and leaves it on the lawn to decompose and go back into the soil food web. These holes in the lawn are then pathways for the oxygen and water to move in and thus allow for improved rooting of the grass plants.
OVER SEEDING: is necessary to create thick stands of turf, which in turn out competes the weeds. After over seeding, successful germination is dependent on keeping the seed bed moist, which may mean watering the newly seeded area every day for two weeks.
We recommend aerating, top dressing and over seeding be an annual event in your lawn care program.
Gutters are open in nature, which means they are terrific at capturing rain water but they also happen to catch a great deal of sticks and leaves, which can end in your gutter becoming clogged. When this occurs, the performance of your gutters will be substantially reduced.
How Often Should I Have Gutter Cleaning Done?
You need to have your gutter cleaning completed at least once each year in Maryland, DC or VA. However, the only strategy to be sure that your gutters are functioning their best all year is to have them cleaned out four times per year. This means they should be cleaned during the winter, spring, summer and fall.
At Stars of the Lawn we understand the importance of excellent service. Our Technicians treat your property as if it were their own. If you ever have any questions or concerns we are always just a phone call away, where one of our friendly staff will be able to help.